How to create a Campaign?
Marketing campaign is a series of emails sent to a specific group of recipients. A campaign is a personalized mailing system that reflects users' preferences or needs and is sent based on their previous actions.
- Go to Marketing campaigns → Recent campaigns page and click on ➕.
- The campaign creation form has several pages to fill out. First, you get to Main settings, where you need to fill in the following fields:
- Campaign name - the name of the campaign.
- ID - does not need to be filled in, it is inserted automatically after saving the campaign.
- Subject - in this field you can type the subject of the email. You can add one or several subjects. The client will receive an email with one of the existing subject options with the probability indicated next to it.
You can also use User and Project variables in the email subject.
If you want to use translations for your subject, please contact your CSM to activate the option, then it will be possible to enable the Translate checkbox.
- Templates - here you need to add a template specifically for this campaign. You can add several templates for one campaign similar to email subjects.
You can see how to create a template here.
That is, with two email subjects created and two templates added, you have four options for the email. Each of which may be sent to the user with a probability of 25%.
Templates where dynamic variables are used are not suitable for campaigns.
Such templates are marked Dynamic on template creation and editing page. When adding such a template to the Campaign, it will have a red colouring, and when clicking on it, a warning message will be displayed.
- After clicking on Next, you get to the second page of campaign creation — Target audience, where you need to choose:
- Project - select one or several projects. Among these projects, users who fall under the segment will be selected.
- Target audience - choose a segment that was created earlier, or click on the Create segment button to create one.
After adding a segment, you will see the rules by which users will be added to the segment and the number of users from the selected project that fall under this rule.
- After clicking Next, you get to the third page of campaign creation — Delivery method, where you should configure:
- Delivery method is the type of campaign, or rather the method of sending it. There are four options for the method:
- Immediate - one-time sending. The campaign will start sending as soon as you click Save and Run on the last page of the campaign creation.
- Scheduled - delayed sending. The campaign will start on the day and time you set.
- Triggered - sending by trigger. Such triggers may include registration, payment, online status of the user, etc.
- Recurring is a cyclic ongoing sending method. That is, this campaign will send such emails daily, weekly, etc. Recurring sending can also be Scheduled or Triggered.
- Send portions is a portion of emails that will be sent in 5 minutes (by default, 100).
Be careful when entering a portion of emails, as sending too much may affect the reputation of the mail servers.
- After clicking Next, you get to Advanced settings section, where you can replace the default values for:
- Sender name
- Sender email
- Reply to
If you leave the fields blank, the default values for each project will be used.
You can also add UTM tags to these emails on the page.
- By clicking Next, you will be taken to the last page of campaign creation, where you can check all the fields you filled in and send a test email to the specified email address.
When you click Save changes, the campaign will be saved in Draft status. When you click Save and run, the campaign becomes Published.
Updated 5 months ago